I wanted to try something a little more “arty”, after all crochet is an art form. A “Let the creative energy flow and see what I could come up with” idea.
I started, unlike with the other purses, with the fabric! I loved this fabric – grey with little specs of reds / yellows / peaches here and there.
I happened to have two tones of grey yarn and so I set out on an adventure. The grey cauldron had gone through several frogging. First I tried crocheting one stitch dark, next stitch light grey. Then I tried one row dark, next row light grey. I even tried dark bottom, light top. In the end I preferred the four bands of contrasting greys.
I had in mind an image of the grey purse with splashes of red (to compliment the fabric) scattered over the one section of grey. It worked! It looked fab, however, something was missing. I thought – “why not try adding another colour?”, after all the fabric didn’t only use red dots. Once the second colour splashes were filled in, I was ready for another and so it kept evolving. AND it was such fun!
There seems to be a fine line between something that’s been made “elegantly simple” and something which looks to be “over worked”. It’s knowing when to stop working on something before it becomes hideous that is tricky. I think I’ve achieved that in this purse and I’m really quite impressed with this little “arty” purse (even if I say so myself) 🙂
If you think you’d like this purse or want to get someone a little something special, you can find it in my shop. As mentioned in my previous post, any sales until 1 July 2017 will be going to help brighten my sisters day.